Welcome to the Realm Makers Volunteer page! As a growing organization, we are almost always looking for talented and willing individuals to pitch in and help make this dream a success. After all, many hands make light work!
Below, you’ll find a list of the positions we are currently looking for. If you find something that appeals to you—great! Click on the APPLY NOW button and fill out the application. If you don’t see something that fits your talents, that’s okay. We invite you to fill out the application anyway and tell us what your talents and time availability are, then we’ll let you know if/when something else becomes available!
***NOTE: You must be a paid member of Realm Makers to volunteer for these positions. You can join anytime for as low as $40/year. Find out more about all the benefits of being a Realm Makers member on our Membership page!
Currently, we are in need of…
Book Festival Coordinator
- This is a conference planning committee position. Candidate would be expected to attend monthly meetings.
- Work with Bookstore Director (Scott) and Conference Director (Becky) on the organization, timing, and marketing for the book festival.
- Before the conference:
- Obtain featured author information (headshots, bios, books)
- Create and maintain Facebook event
- Work with Marketing Director (Ralene) to brainstorm other ways to get the word out about the festival
- At conference:
- Make sure the tables are set up for featured authors
- Make sure authors are taken care of (water, pens, etc.)
Newsletter Coordinators (2)
- These are Marketing Squad positions. Candidates would be expected to attend monthly meetings with the Marketing Director (Ralene)
- Requires 1-2 hours/week, depending on how close to due date and what needs to be done.
- Should be familiar with Mailchimp or similar newsletter programs
- Writers Newsletter Coordinator
- Organize, recruit, edit, and put together quarterly writers newsletter
- Assist Marketing Director with organizing, recruiting, and editing the monthly membership newsletter
- Realmie Reader Newsletter Coordinator
- Organize, recruit, edit, and put together monthly Realmie Reader newsletter
- Work with Marketing Director for fodder for the Realmie Readers Instagram account
- This is a Marketing Squad position. Candidates would be expected to attend monthly meetings with the Marketing Director (Ralene)
- Requires 1-2 hours/week
- Organize, recruit, edit, and post weekly blog content
- Contribute to vision and brainstorming for blog focus/audience