Realm Makers runs a raffle at each conference for the sake of funding our scholarship program, in an effort to make the conference accessible to those who are seriously pursuing their craft but lack the financial means to attend.
Full and partial scholarships awarded to the most qualified applicants
Who Should Apply?
The winner of a Realm Makers scholarship will demonstrate the following qualities:
- Writing talent (whether honed or raw)
- Intent to refine that talent
- Serious pursuit of writing
- Financial need
How to apply
APPLICATION DEADLINE: March 1, 2020. No late applications will be considered.
The scholarship application will ask you a series of questions and require the FIRST 500 words of a piece of speculative fiction you have written that you believe demonstrates your current skill level. Please notate the title or working title of the work, and indicate whether it is a work in progress or a published piece.
You will upload this writing sample as part of the application.
If you encounter any difficulty or have questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The committee will notify winners of the scholarships on or before April 1st, 2019, via email. Scholarship amounts remain at the discretion of the committee, and may be either full or partial coverage of the conference registration cost. Meals, hotel, and travel remain the responsibility of the recipient(s).
If any of the following are true, please allow others their chance at being awarded one of these two scholarships.
- Scholarships not available for Realm Makers alumni
- If you have attended/are registered to attend any mid-size or large conference (more than 100 attendees) between August 2018 and August 2019 as a paid attendee. Of course, we can’t really verify your other registrations, but please leave the Realm Makers scholarships to those for whom any kind of conference attendance isn’t feasible.
***please note: These scholarships do not cover any optional add-ons or meals and must be redeemed by the recipient by April 15th or it will pass to the next qualified candidate.***
Please direct all questions to: