The 2017 Realm Makers conference is shaping up to be the most mind-blowing event for Christian writers we’ve ever built. As we prepare to open registration on Feb 1st, we thought you’d like to know about some aspects of the conference that we’ve tricked-out for our fifth anniversary, as a result of the constructive feedback our attendees have given us.
As many of you know, in our first 4 years, we’ve grown 275%. In 2017 we anticipate growing again, so we’re making some exciting changes in order take better take care of you during your time with us.
What will conference registration this year include?
- More programming! Early Bird workshop with Dave Farland starts Thursday morning (9:30 a.m. – 2:30 p.m.) The conference kicks off on Thursday afternoon with Ted Dekker’s first keynote address, followed by a publishers and agents panel, then the amazing Fight Workshop with Carla Hoch (sponsored by Splickety Publishing).
- More agents! Steve Laube and Julie Gwinn have always been wonderfully supportive of Realm Makers. This year we will also be joined by Sally Apokedak and Jessie Kirkland!
- New TEEN TRACK! For the first time, we’ll have a continuing track specifically for our teen attendees. Make sure to choose “Teen Registration” to get the discounted rate. The Fun Center Package is included on Thursday night for teens only.
- FREE AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION!
- New Vendor Hall and a larger bookstore than ever before!
- Catered meals include: Continental breakfast, catered lunches, and coffee/snack breaks during the conference. Coffee sponsored by our “Great Giver of Caffeine” Chris Morris, CPA.
- The Friday Awards Dinner (costumes encouraged) sponsored by our friends at Quill Pen Editorial.
- Two appointments with agents or editors. (Did we mention we’ll have more agents this year than ever?)
- Access to a power-packed faculty, including a 90-minute Q&A with Ted Dekker on Saturday night.
- A multi-author book signing after the Ted Dekker Q&A.
- All the like-minded friends your introvert writer self can stand.
How does holding the conference in a hotel improve the Realm Makers experience?
- All our classrooms will be along the same hallway—no need to dash from one building to another to get to class (or grab something you forgot in your room).
- The conference facilities are state of the art, and we’ll even have control of the classroom temperature!
- No creativity or expense required in getting to/from the airport.Atlantis runs a free shuttle even for those of you flying at O’dark thirty to save money. Shuttles run from 4:30 a.m until 12:15 a.m., departs the airport every 30 minutes, on the quarter hour, and can be found directly outside baggage claim. It departs Atlantis every 30 minutes on the hour and half hour. Just a 10 minute trip!
- You have total control over your stay. The registration page won’t have anything to fill out for booking a room at the Atlantis other than information on how to use our discount code (SREALM) to book a room in our reserved block. We have negotiated low contracted rates from Monday, July 24 through Sunday, July 30th so you can come early or stay late at the same low rates. The helpful staff at the hotel will do an amazing job of getting the room you need for the nights you want to stay. All reservations must be made by June 26, 2017 at 5 p.m. in order to take advantage of the contracted room rates.
- The hotel has every amenity you could want, from a spa to multiple pools, to concierge, to shopping and 8 restaurants. It’s a four-star experience at a two-star price.
- You late nighters will find countless comfortable seating areas where you can talk and be sleep–deprived to your heart’s content. Or upgrade to a suite at the hotel, and you’ll have your own little hang-out spot. For families in attendance, there’s no shortage of fun to be found in the Reno/Lake Tahoe area. Information will be provided for local outings and recreation areas.
Expect the registration page to have everything you need in one place.
- To help in budgeting for the conference, you will have the option this year of paying in two installments: a 50% deposit, and the balance due on May 31st.
- Once you’ve registered, you will be able to go back into your registration if you find you need to make changes (add a guest, change a class choice, etc.) No need to email us to change it manually!
- Choose your classes, sign up for appointments, purchase paid critiques, elect to take the pre-conference workshop, buy merchandise, all in one form!
- Discounted pricing, guests, and chaperones, regardless of when they register. They have the option to attend the entire conference as a “Conference Guest” or just as an “Awards Dinner Guest.”
Another aspect of the 2017 conference we’re very excited to offer is the Teen Continuing Session and Chicago Dog dinner. Teens will have six hours of session together under the expert teaching of Jill Williamson. And on Thursday night, they’ll have their own event for dinner, with pizza, hot dogs, video games, and fun. We hope the teens will forge some great relationships with this designated time together.
Early Bird Registration opens February 1st
So don’t miss your chance to get the best pricing. You should also note that appointments with our editors and agents taking submissions will be first-come/first-served (with fully paid registration,) so if you’re pitching a manuscript, plan accordingly.
We guarantee you won’t find a better conference, at any price, for people of faith who write speculative fiction.