2017 Realm Makers Conference (July 27-29, 2017)
Early Bird Registration: $449 (Save $50 until Feb 28th.)
Regular Registration: $499 (After March 1)
Teen Registration: $399 (Ages 12-17, sorry, no exceptions)
* Teens must be accompanied by a parent or adult chaperone and may register as a “Conference Guest” on the attendee registration of the minor they are accompanying at an additional cost of $199.
Vendor Only: $199 (No class sessions, Agent/Editor appointments, or paid critiques)
** Late Registration Fee: Add $50 after June 15th.
Your conference registration includes:
- Two-and-a-half days of programming, with everything kicking off on Thursday afternoon with Ted Dekker’s first keynote address, followed by a publishers and agents panel, then the amazing Fight Workshop with Carla Hoch, sponsored by Splickety Publishing.
- Continental breakfast, catered lunches, and coffee/snack breaks during the conference
- The Quill Pen Editorial Awards Dinner on Friday night, costumes encouraged.
- Two appointments with agents or editors (Did we mention we’ll have more agents this year than ever?)
- Access to a power-packed faculty, including a 90-minute Q & A with Ted Dekker on Saturday night
- A multi-author book signing after the Ted Dekker Q & A
- All the like-minded friends your introvert writer self can stand
Add ons to consider:
- The pre-conference workshop: $50 for a 9 am to 2:30 pm, power-packed info-dump from New York Times bestselling fantasy and science fiction author, David Farland
- Paid critiques: $30 for a critique of the first 10 pages of your current work in progress from an industry professional of your choice
- Conference Guest: $199 (This would be your spouse, parent, adult chaperone, child over age 2, or other guest who is attending the conference with you. This includes all conference catering, the Quill Pen Editorial Awards Dinner, access to keynote addresses, and other large group sessions. Continuing Sessions, Electives, and Appointments are not included.)
- Quill Pen Editorial Awards Dinner Guest: $65
- Fun Center Package: $20 (Located on the same floor as the conference center. Great activity for guests. Use anytime you want!)
- (1) Personal Pizza (cheese or pepperoni) or Hot Dog & Bag of Chips from the Chicago Dogs Snack Bar.
- (1) Two hour Video game and Sports game time play Game Card (yellow swiper games). 120 minutes of play starts at first game swipe.
- (1) JetBuzz360 ride (A 360 Degree 3D Roller Coaster Simulator)
- (1) Scoop of Ice Cream from the Chicago Dogs Snack Bar.
- Optional Thursday night buffet dinner at 6:30 PM: $40 (Immediately following the New Attendee Orientation at 6 PM. A great way for new attendees to connect with other new attendees and conference veterans before the conference kicks off at 7:30 PM.)
- This year’s conference t-shirt (design and price coming soon)
In response to your feedback from previous years, we’ve made some improvements:
- FREE AIRPORT TRANSPORTATION to/from Atlantis Resort (a $100 value compared to many other conferences.)
- A half day more content.
- More agents.
- Deluxe hotel accommodations. No dorm rooms this year.
- More accessibility. You don’t need an umbrella and hiking boots to get from your room to the conference center. Yeah!
- Catered meals vs. dining hall food.
- Mermaids and unicorns in the hotel decor!